The Thai owned Panunee is a well-run Phuket liveaboard suitable for divers and underwater photographers
Length: 32 metres / 106 foot
Beam: 7 metres / 24 foot
Cruise: 12 knots
Divers: 20 (max. 22 for whole boat charter)
There are 9 cabins with shared bathroom facilities and 2 with a Queen bed and en-suite bathrooms
. The liveaboard can accommodate 20 divers, or 22 on a full charter, yet still manages to retain quite a spacious feel.
The dive deck is quite roomy, with individual spaces helping to avoid congestion, and features a camera table and separate rinse tanks and air hoses for photographic equipment. Elsewhere you can always find space on the sundeck upstairs where you can soak in the hot Phuket sunshine, relaxing in comfort on sun cushions.
On the main deck you will find the air-conditioned saloon which features all the entertainment facilities you might hope for, such as TV, DVD and music system, plus a well-stocked movie library.
Bottled soft drinks are free throughout the trip, ensuring you will never go thirsty, and the portions of fresh food should keep you well fed. Meals are buffet style and enjoyed in the open air restaurant area.
From June to October, the M/V Panunee liveaboard operates in the Cenderawasih and Ambon areas of Indonesia, and November to May diving the Similans and Burma
. This means the crew of the steel hulled
Panunee are used to scuba diving some of Asia's finest regions and will be delighted to share the experience with you.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
Special discounted trips highlighted in yellow
|Dep: 14 Dec
||Ret: 19 Dec
|Dep: 23 Dec
||Ret: 28 Dec
|Dep: 4 Apr
||Ret: 9 Apr
|Dep: 12 Apr
||Ret: 17 Apr
|Dep: 20 Apr
||Ret: 25 Apr
More Trip Details...
Special offers: For special discounted prices, check the yellow highlighted trips in the schedule above.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, return transfers from Khao Lak from Phuket airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (4-5 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts, torches.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Similan and Surin park fees at approximately US$ 6 per day, with an entry fee of US$ 14 per park, scuba equipment (US$ 17 per day), dive insurance. Note: Possible fuel surcharge to be advised by MV Panunee upon booking. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Phuket hotel transfers, canned soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 10 per fill - pay for 10 fills and receive 4 extra fills free of charge), dive computer. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MV Panunee departs in the afternoon or evening from Khao Lak. A minibus service from all hotels in Phuket and the airport to and from the boat is provided at additional cost (approximately 2 hours transfer). For more information see our Thailand travel information section. The last dive of the liveaboard trip will be at around 8 am. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: 20% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 80% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter rate below. Equivalent to pay for 16 guests and receive 4 extra spaces free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 4,969.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 2 twin bed Deluxe Studio cabins on the lower deck, 7 twin bed Deluxe cabins on the lower and main decks, and 2 queen-bed Suites on the main deck with private en-suite bathrooms with hot water shower.
All the liveaboard cabins have:
- Air conditioning
- Window, except Deluxe Studio cabins which have portholes
- Camera table and blow gun
- Reading lights
- 2 towels per guest
- Life jackets
- Mains outlet 220 & 110 volts - 24 hours
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 9 - hot water and toiletries
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of Panunee comprise:
- Cruise leader
- 1 Instructor
- 4 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Deck hands
Enriched air nitrox - 2 Motorised dinghies - 40m² dive deck and platform with toilet and hot water shower - Rinse tanks and camera table - 32m² Air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD player and movie library, music system, general book library and fish ID books - 20m² Open-air shaded dining area - Bar - 35m² Sundeck with sun cushions - Drinking water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Panunee prides itself on providing meals cooked with the freshest ingredients and, in addition to the authentic Thai cuisine on offer, you can enjoy Chinese, Japanese and European dishes, served buffet style and washed down complimentary soft drinks.
- Thai, Chinese and international cuisine - 3 main meals & 2 light meals per day.
- Buffet-style and waitress service in the open-air dining area.
- A la carte-style catering can also be accommodated.
- All dietary requirements catered for - please send us advanced notice.
- Dining begins with a light meal on the first evening of the liveaboard cruise.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, drinking water, fruit, biscuits, toast, potato crisps, popcorn etc., provided free of charge.
- Beer, wine and spirits are also available for purchase.
- Fixed menu.
- Built in year 2001, refurbished in 2007
- Size - 32m x 7.2m
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 12 knots
- 2 x 760 HP Man D2842 LE engines
- 2 x 100 KW Man D2866 LE generators
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 9 litre aluminium scuba tanks with A-clamp fittings (DIN adapters available)
- Electricity 380V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 15,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 4,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 30,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 Life rafts
- 2 Yamaha dive tenders (40 & 30 HP)
- VHF Furuno telephone, HF Super Star SS-2400 MKll & Kenwood SSB radios
- Furuno global positioning system (GPS)
- Furuno radar
- Furuno sounder
- Inmarset Mini-M satellite telephone
- First Aid Box
- This operator has not confirmed the presence, or quantity of, oxygen on their liveaboard boat
- Engine room CCTV and fire alarm
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire extinguishing system throughout
- No customer diving insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation