MV Colona VI
Colona VI has a very good reputation as one of the most professionally run, friendly and relaxed Thailand liveaboard cruises. This is largely due to the dive staff who will do all they can to ensure that your trip a hassle free and fun experience. They are always on hand to answer your questions, whether you need to know the name of that unusual fish they showed you, you need tips on taking underwater photos, or you want to see an impersonation of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch!
Length: 28 metres / 92 foot
Beam: 5 metres / 17 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
There are options for 2, 4 and 6 day trips
. We recommend the 6 day Andaman Sea safari which includes all the best dive sites in the area, such as the Similans, Richelieu Rock and Hin Daeng
Freshen up anytime in your cabin's own private bathroom
... no need to worry about queuing first thing in the morning! The only double bed cabin is the Honeymoon cabin on the upper deck, but is always the first to be booked so be quick if you want that one!
Meals are served in the spacious shaded outdoor area which is designed for socialising. At the rear of the upper deck is a cushioned lounge area, perfect for reading a book or taking a nap between dives.
Colona VI has enriched air nitrox. If you've never dived with nitrox before, why not learn on board? Interested in learning to blend your own nitrox fills? The staff can teach you that too. Sign up now for an enthralling Thailand liveaboard dive experience and education. It's likely to be great fun too!
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, hot chocolate, tea and water, soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, torches, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), operators fuel surcharge, and return transfers to the boat from Phuket Airport and hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 17 per day), Similan and Surin national park fees (currently approx US$ 11 per person per day), Hin Daeng park fee (US$ 11 ). All divers must use a dive computer, rental not included in the price. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Nitrox fills, alcoholic drinks, dive insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Colona VI departs in the evening from Chalong Pier in Phuket. There is a transfer service from the airport and all hotels in Phuket to and from the boat. For more information see our Thailand travel information section.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published prices.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 90% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 13 guests and receive 1 extra place free of charge.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 6 twin bunk bed en-suite (private bathroom) cabins on the main deck, and 1 Honeymoon double bed en-suite cabin on the upper deck.
All the liveaboard cabins have:
- Air conditioning
- Sea-view windows
- Toilet, cold water shower and towels
- Refridgerator with drinking water
- 200cm x 70cm beds & bedding
- Dressing table and cabinet
- Twin prong socket 220 V mains outlet - 24 hours per day
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 7 - cold water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- 2 Divemasters
- Deck hand
Enriched air nitrox - motorised dive dinghy - camera rinse tank - 50m² of sundeck with matresses - DVD video, music system and shaded chill-out area on main deck
No indoor saloon.
Diving limited to depth 30m max.
PADI certification courses including Advanced Open Water Diver and EANx.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Thai main meal dishes, European lunches and American breakfast.
- Buffet-style service on top deck - choose from 4 main dishes with rice and salad.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us your requirements.
- Dinner is also provided on the first evening of the cruise after departure.
- Operator rates their dining as good quality and second most important aspect of trip.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water, sweets and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Soft drinks, beer and wine are available.
- No fixed menu.
- Built in year 2000
- Size - 28m x 5m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 2 x 330 HP Hino engines
- 2 x 35 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings. DIN adapters available. 15 litre tanks available for rent.
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 3,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 3,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 700 litres per day
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 Life rafts
- 1 x 4 metre 40 HP hard-hull inflatable dinghy
- Furuno global positioning system (GPS)
- Furuno depth sounder
- CB Radio continuous contact with Thai Navy
- Satellite telephone
- Mobile telephone
- Full-feature medic first aid box
- Oxygen 39,000 litres - all guides trained oxygen providers
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Local chamber membership for customers included
- All divers must use a computer on every dive.
"The food was excellent ... the captain and crew were helpful and friendly ... Raoul was always friendly, helpful and made the diving safe and enjoyable. I'd recommend the Colona boats to anyone." - Darren Carpenter, United States of America ...
"The service by the boat crew and dive leaders was exceptionally good and would recommend Colona liveaboard boat and crew anytime." - John Gardner, New Zealand ...
"Enjoyed the trip - boat staff far exceeded our expectations - would like to mention Kay was our boat hand and went above and beyond." - Chris Brewer, Canada ...
"Steve, the lead DM on the boat, was nothing short of outstanding. His dive briefings and his attention to detail made this trip very informative and fun for us." - Philip Sanchez, USA ...