Say it quietly, but the MY Whisper might be exactly the type of Red Sea liveaboard you are looking for. Coming from the impressive Seawolf fleet, you can be confident that efficiency, convenience and good service will all be in evidence during your time on board, which may be either in the northern or southern Red Sea.
Length: 31 metres / 102 foot
Beam: 6 metres / 20 foot
Cruise: 10 knots
At 31 metres in length, the MY Whisper is large without being enormous and up to 20 scuba divers can be accommodated without the boat feeling busy. You can choose between twin cabins on the lower deck or double cabins on the upper deck with superior views. All cabin accommodation has private bathrooms
. A rebuild in 2008 maintains the 'new' feeling, from the air conditioned saloon complete with entertainment facilities and internet access
, to the spacious dive deck, to the semi-covered sundeck.
With German, English, Russian and Arabic spoken, there should be no problem with communication between you and the 13 crew members. Free nitrox
, good service levels and a boat layout that puts guests' convenience first, all combine to make the Whisper an option that promises a relaxing and hassle-free Red Sea liveaboard dive cruise.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, nitrox, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), return transfers from Airport or nearby hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 99 per trip), insurance, diving permissions and taxes (US$ 39), national park fees/permissions as follows:
Brothers: US$ 55,
Brothers & Elphinstone: US$ 55,
Marine Parks North and South: US$ 88,
North & Wrecks: US$ 11.
Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Torches, marker devices, alcoholic drinks. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MY Whisper departs from Hurghada and Marsa Ghalib and return transfers are included from nearby hotels and from Hurghada and Marsa Alam airports to the departure point. Check-in time starts on the afternoon of the first day before dinner (boat departs next morning). Check out the morning of the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged.
There are direct flights from Cairo to Hurghada (1 hr) and Marsa Alam (1.5 hrs) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Hurghada and Marsa Alam direct. For more information see our travel information section for the Red Sea.
Non-diver rate: Discount of US$ 55.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add Euro 300 per trip to published prices - please check with us.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Whisper has 10 cabins for your accommodation: 2 Double bed cabins on the upper deck and 8 Twin bed cabins on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot-water shower and hand basin
- Windows in the Double Cabins and portholes in the Twin Cabins
- Bedding and towels
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Life jackets and fire extinguisher
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 12 / 12 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Dive Instructor
- Cook and Cook's Assistant
- Saloon Boy
- 5 Deck Hands / Dinghy Drivers
Complimentary nitrox - 2 motorised dinghies - 20m² Diving platform with separate camera rinse tank - 45m² Dive deck with 2 fresh water showers and 2 toilets - 50m² Air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD, music players and internet access - 50m² Air-conditioned dining area with well-stocked bar - Library with movies, magazines, novels, games and fish ID books - 30m² Sun deck & 35m² Shaded area with sun matresses - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
From dinner on the first evening to the final morning's breakfast, you will remain well-fed on MY Whisper. You can expect good variety from the 3 daily, buffet-style meals. Dishes tend to include fresh fish, beef or chicken served with various fresh vegetables and rice or potatoes. Beer and wine are available for purchase while soft drinks, tea and coffee are foc throughout the cruise.
- International and local delicacies are served onboard.
- Meals are served buffet style in the dining area located on the main deck.
- Main meals consist of pre-dive breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between.
- Snacks include biscuits, candy bars, bread/toast and fruit.
- Tea & coffee, drinking water and soft drinks are complimentary.
- Beer and bottles of wine are available for purchase.
- All diets, including vegetarian and Halal, can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering starts with dinner on first day.
- Built in 2002, restored in 2008
- Size - 31m x 6.2m
- Weight - 220 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 560 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x Perkins generators - 40 & 60 KW
- 2 x Bauer Mariner scuba tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with DIN valves & Int. fittings
- 15 litre steel tanks available on request
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 17,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 18,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 4,000 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x 20 person capacity life rafts
- 2 x motorised dinghies - 25/40 HP
- JRC Radar
- JRC Radio
- Garmin GPS
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Searchlight and horn
- Bilge pump alarm
- CCTV in engine room
- Emergency signal device
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets in all cabins
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 20,000 litres continuous flow oxygen onboard
- Customer diving insurance is NOT included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation