MY Saphir is a 35m long
motor yacht belonging to the 'Diamond Class' - the pinnacle of the Heaven diving fleet. So it is no surprise that the professionalism and comfort that typifies the Heaven fleet is added to by fine little touches on board the Saphir.
Length: 35 metres / 116 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
With a maximum of just 16 guests, you can be assured of more space and personal attention from the crew than on most other Southern Red Sea liveaboards. The interior is tastefully furnished and well-maintained with the focal point being the large air-conditioned saloon and dining area on the main deck. You can enjoy the complimentary internet
feature or music and movies on the entertainment system here.
In addition to the lounge, you can socialise on one of the 3 separate sundeck areas where there is always plenty of room to seek shade or soak up the sun rays. The dive deck and platform are spacious and well organised, with a camera table, fresh water showers, and personal storage spaces, hooks and hangers.
So if you are seeking a high quality Southern Red Sea liveaboard cruise in comfort, style and plenty of personal service then Saphir, so good for you!
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks and hot drinks, return transfers from Hurghada airport to boat for Hurghada departures and from Marsa Alam airport for Port Ghalib departures, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (10 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 149 per trip), dive insurance, fuel surcharge US$ 55, national park and harbour fees and diving permissions (to be paid in advance): Brothers/Daedalus: US$ 121, St. John's: US$ 55, Marine Parks South: US$ 121. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, nitrox fills for certified divers (US$ 44, dive computer, torches. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Saphir liveaboard trips depart from Hurghada and Port Ghalib and return transfers are included from nearby hotels and from Hurghada and Marsa Alam airports to the departure point. Check-in time starts on the afternoon of the first day before dinner. Check out the morning of the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged.
There are direct flights from Cairo to Hurghada (1 hour) and Marsa Alam (1.5 hours) via Egypt Air. From some destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Hurghada and Marsa Alam direct. For more details see our travel information section for the Red Sea.
The first and last nights of the tour may be spent in the harbour depending on the time of guests' arrival on the first day. The boat may leave the harbour on the morning of the second day. Full tourist visas are available only at the airport for citizens of certain countries, unless obtained in advance. Please ensure you understand the tourist visa requirements that apply to you. The last dive of the trip will be at around 1 pm on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 80% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Prices are available, please check with us.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Saphir accommodates 16 divers in 8 cabins. There are 2 Honeymoon cabins with double beds and windows on the upper deck, and 6 Standard twin bed and twin bunk bed cabins with portholes on the lower deck. All cabins have private en-suite bathroom facilities and minibar.
All the cabins have:
- Individual controlled air-conditioning
- En-suite bathroom with hot-water shower cubicle and hand basin
- Towels & bathrobes
- Portholes or windows
- Music system
- Cabinet, mirror & shelves
- Bedside table & reading lights
- 24-hour, 220V electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers
No. of bathrooms / showers - 10 / 10 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 11 comprise:
- Cruise Leader / Dive Instructor
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Stewards
- 3 Deck Hands
Nitrox - 2 x 25 HP motorised dinghies - 75m² dive deck and platform with access ladder, hot water shower, toilet, camera table, rinse tanks, storage shelves - 50m² air-conditioned saloon/dining area with bar, TV, DVD, free internet, music player and satellite telephone - Library with magazines, fish books, novels and games - 100m² or 3 sundecks & large shaded area with sun matresses - Water & juice dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
The Heaven Fleet prides itself in the quality of its cuisine and you can expect some carefully prepared and creative dishes on board MY Saphir during your Red Sea liveaboard cruise. Each day you can look forward to a breakfast after dive 1, then a 2 course lunch and a 4 course dinner. You will be served all your meals by steward at your table.
- International and local cuisine are served on board.
- The menus are fixed and meals are waiter-served in the air-conditioned saloon on the main deck.
- Complimentary main meals consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fruit, tea & coffee, drinking water and juice are all complimentary.
- Soft drinks, beer and wine are available at extra charge.
- The gastronomic delights get underway with dinner on your first evening.
- Vegetarians can be catered for on this boat.
- Operator rates their dining experience as 5 star!
Sample dishes: Cordon Bleu, Boeuf Stroganoff, Kaiserschmarrn, Austrian fillet steak ...
- Built in 2004, refurbished bi-annually
- Size - 35m x 8m
- Weight - 230 tonnes
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 2 x 1,300 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 96 KW CAT generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox membrane system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium/steel tanks with DIN/international fittings.
- Electricity 220V - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 20,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 17,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 14,000 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x Life rafts (max. 32 pax)
- 2 x 25 HP Zodiac dive dinghies
- Samyung HF & local radios
- Furuno radar
- Navman GPS
- Navman fishfinder and depth sounder
- Thuraya satellite & mobile telephones
- Bilge pump alarms
- Search light & horn
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets in all cabins
- Fire extinguishers/blankets/axes throughout
- Costas EPIRB / distress flares
- MFA box and trained staff
- 15,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen
- Customer diving insurance not included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation