At 26 metres and with 6 cabins, MY Orchid is among the smaller liveaboards in the Red Sea. In a heavily populated destination, there is something liberating about being on a compact boat with a small group of people. The maximum number of guests on board is only 12
so, unlike some of the enormous Red Sea scuba safari options, you are not going to get lost in the crowd.
Length: 26 metres / 86 foot
Beam: 7 metres / 21 foot
Cruise: 8 knots
All the cabins have en-suite bathrooms
and are air-conditioned. There is a spacious air-conditioned saloon with TV and DVD player, and a sun deck complete with drinks chilling in the fridge, so despite being one of the smaller liveaboards, you don't have to compromise your basic needs on board the MY Orchid.
Diving is normally conducted from the 2 zodiacs and you will gear up on the dive deck which features showers for rinsing off and separate tanks for cameras. So if you are looking at Red Sea diving safaris in the north or the south of Egypt, where small groups and individual attention are important to you, then MY Orchid is definitely worth a look.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, water, soft drinks and hot drinks, return transfers from Sharm airport/hotel to boat, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) for every 6 divers, tanks, weights and weightbelts, all permissions and harbour fees (except those listed in excludes).
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 28 per day), dive insurance, national park fees and dive permissions US$ 6 for trips including Ras Mohamed, US$ 3 for Ras Abu Galum. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, torches, donations to Hyperbaric Medical Centre at US$ 1 per person per day. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MY Orchid departs from Sharm El Sheikh. There are direct flights from Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh (1 hour) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Sharm El Sheikh direct. Boat transfers to and from your hotel are included in the price. Airport transfers can be arranged at additional charge. For more information see our Red Sea travel information section.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 100% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 9, 10 or 11 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 1,353, Low - US$ 1,252.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday. Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Orchid has 6 cabins accommodating a maximum of 12 divers in total. There are 5 Twin bed cabins on the lower deck with portholes. The Double bed cabin is on the middle deck with a window.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot-water shower and hand basin
- Bedding and towels
- Bedside cabinet, mirror and shelves
- Reading lamps
- Fire extinguisher and fire bell
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- Round 2-pin plugs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 8 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The 7-9 crew comprise:
- 2-4 Divemasters/Instructors (dependent upon number of guests)
- Deck Hand
2 x 25 HP Yamaha dinghies - 15m² diving deck with 2 fresh water showers & toilet - 15m² dive platformw ith rinse tank - 18m² air-conditioned saloon and dining area with a bar, TV and DVD player - Library with movies, magazines, novels and fish ID books - 20m² sun deck with sun matresses - 15m² shaded area - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
MY Orchid's meals are served buffet-style with 3 meals a day and various snacks and treats throughout the day to ensure you never go hungry. You can expect the dishes to include chicken, fish salads, soups, rice and a variety of vegetables. Snacks include freshly baked cakes, delicious after a dive.
Some sample meals:
1. Breakfast: eggs cooked to order
- International and local cuisine served on board.
- Food is served buffet style on the main deck in the dining section of the air-conditioned saloon.
- Main meals consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of cake, biscuits and fruit, which together with tea and coffee, drinking water and soft drinks, are complimentary.
- Chocolate bars, beer and wine are available for purchase on board.
- Catering starts with dinner on check-in day.
- Vegetarian and halal diets are catered for with prior notice.
2. Lunch: chicken panini, grilled fish
3. Dinner: roast beef, ghoulash with cheese, chocolate choux pastries
- Built in 1998, refurbished in 2010
- Size - 26m x 6.5m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 2 x 325 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 25/70 KW Caterpillar generators
- 2 x Bauer scuba tank compressors
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with DIN valves & international fittings
- 15 litre steel tanks available on request
- Electricity 220V - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 4,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 4,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 1,000 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 25 Person capacity life raft
- 2 x Yamaha 25 HP dinghies
- Navman radio
- Furuno radar
- Garmin Etrax GPS
- Furuno sounder
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Searchlight & horn
- Fire alarms / smoke detectors
- Life jackets on sundeck
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 8,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen
- Customer dive insurance is MANDATORY not included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation