MY Hurricane is a 36m long steel-hulled
liveaboard that tours around the best dive sites of the Red Sea, particularly Egypt's southern section and Sudan. If you are looking for a dive cruise vessel with a sleek and sexy profile then this is the one!
Length: 36 metres / 119 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
The Hurricane is a big, stable boat with a large dive deck and easily accessible platform making the diving process very simple. There is a guest maximum of 22 with 11 crew to cater to your every need. Facilities include an air conditioned restaurant and saloon with all the entertainment facilities you could wish for, plus a large, partially shaded upper deck and flybridge.
Safety and professionalism are both important to this Red Sea liveaboard fleet so you can expect a full boat briefing, including the locations of life jackets, fire extinguishers, oxygen and life rafts. There are 11 en-suite cabins
spread between the middle and lower decks, all of which are double/twin share.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, bottled soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s).
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 198 per trip), dive insurance, fuel surcharge US$ 55, national park fees/permissions US$ 4. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Transfers, torches, alcoholic drinks, nitrox (US$ 99 per trip). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MY Hurricane departs from Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada, Port Ghalib or Marsa Alam and return transfers are included from nearby hotels/airports to all departure points. There are direct flights from Cairo to Sharm (1 hour), Marsa Alam (1.5 hours) and Hurghada (1 hour) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Sharm, Marsa Alam or Hurghada direct. For more information see our travel information section for the Red Sea. Sudan trips depart from Port Sudan. Check with us for further details.
The first and last nights of the tour are spent in the harbour. Guests arrive and board on the first day. The boat leaves the harbour on the morning of the second day. Full tourist visas are available only at the airport for citizens of certain countries, unless obtained in advance. Please ensure you understand the tourist visa requirements that apply to you. The last dive of the trip will be at around 3 pm on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: Price is the same as the diver price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 100% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 12 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge. See whole boat charter rates below.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Wrecks & Reefs or Get Wrecked US$ 2,458, Brothers/Wrecks or Ultimate Wrecks US$ 2,690, Brothers/Elphinstone or Daedalus/Rocky/St.John's US$ 2,681. For other itineraries please ask us for prices.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Hurricane has 11 Standard cabins with double or twin beds, 4 on the middle and 7 on the lower deck;.
All the cabins have:
- Private bathrooms with hot water showers and hand basins
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lamp & port light
- Space for luggage
- Safe belongings box
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
- Fire warning system, fire extinguishers & life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 12 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The liveaboard crew comprises:
- 2 Instructors / Dive Masters
- 2 Captains
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Stewards
- 2 Deck Hands
Motorised dinghies - 48m² dive deck with freshwater shower & toilet - 24m² diving platform - Camera table & rinse tanks - 35m² air-conditioned saloon, well-stocked bar, TV, DVD and music centre - Internet USB sticks - 39m² dedicated air-conditioned restaurant with water dispenser - 70m² upper deck open-air shaded area - Jacuzzi on 65m² flybridge (65m² shaded) with with sun matresses & chairs
Menu, Cuisine Type...
You can take as much or as little of each dish at meal times when serving yourself at the buffet-style meals. As with all Tornado Marine fleet liveaboards in the Red Sea, there is plenty of choice and quantity ensuring no-one goes hungry.
1. Chicken pane butterfly with green bean pot pourri
- The cook caters international and local cuisine.
- Main meals include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, candy bars and fruit.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and drinking water are complimentary.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase onboard.
- Menus are not fixed and meals are served buffet style in the restaurant.
- Special diets such as vegetarian can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins on guest arrival.
2. Roast beef (Entrecote) marinated in Scotch whiskey with mashed potatoes and fried onion rings
3. Sweet corn and bean chili with rye bread and baguette
- Built in 2004, restored 2009
- Size - 36m x 8m
- Weight - 320 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 2 x 764 HP Caterpillar engines
- 85 & 65 KW CAT generators
- 2 x K15 dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium tanks with international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220v/380v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 22,000 litres
- Water maker - 6,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 24,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 25 person life raft
- 2 x 85 HP Caterpillar dinghies
- VHF MFHF DSC radio
- JRC Radar
- JRC GPS
- JRC Fishfinder
- JRC Plotter
- JRC Depth sounder
- Thuraia Satellite phone & mobile phone
- Bilge pump alarm
- Searchlight & horn
- Emergency hand flares & parachutes
- Fire alarms / detectors throughout
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers in each cabin & throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 20,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen plus DAN kit available
- Customer diving insurance is NOT provided and is MANDATORY - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation