SY Maldives Siren
The SY Maldives Siren is a 34m liveaboard constructed from ironwood and teak in the Indonesian Phinisi style. You can step aboard for 10 night diving charters around the Maldives with various routes in the north, central and southern sections of the archipelago.
Length: 34 metres / 112 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 8 knots
Divers: 14 (full charter: max. 16 pax)
Up to 16 scuba divers are accommodated in comfort in this beautifully furnished and maintained gaff-rigged sailing vessel. There is a large wood-panelled saloon on the main deck. Here you can relax in the air-conditioned environment, sit on the soft furnishings reading from the library, enjoy a free beer
, or make use of the onboard masseuse
There are networked computers in every cabin, plus DVDs and music
to enjoy in privacy. The en-suite cabins
are also are sleek and stylish in design and you may be tempted to spend more time in your cabin than use it simply for sleeping. There is also a handy free laundry service
onboard these tours.
There is also a large sun deck where you can soak up the sun's rays and watch the ever-changing Maldivian island scenery. In addition to being a well appointed and comfortable liveaboard, the Maldives Siren is also a very practical boat for divers and photographers. DIN adaptors and nitrox are free of charge
, there are 12 and 15 litre tanks available, and there are designated areas for charging and preparing your underwater camera and video equipment.
Practicality and style combine to make the SY Maldives Siren a top choice for Maldives liveaboard dive charters.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, beer, transfers from and to the airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), tanks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers, scuba equipment.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Fuel surcharge (approx US$ 130 per person). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, laundry, torches, dive computer. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The SY Maldives Siren diving charters require an internal flight either to or from Hanimadhoo or Kadhdhoo that can be booked online: Maldivian. Please let us know if you need our assistance. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives.
Non-diver rate: None. Non-divers will receive one free massage per day (except on first and last day) and one bottle of wine (to be consumed on the trip).
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 100% of the published price and receive a complimentary massage and one bottle of wine (to be consumed on the trip). Marine park, port fees, taxes and any fuel surcharge will be paid by the operator.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 6 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge. See whole boat charter price below, equivalent to pay for 12 guests and receive 2 extra spaces free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 3,432.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The Maldives Siren liveaboard has a total of 7 cabins, which includes 4 Twin bed cabins, 1 Double bed cabin and 2 Triple bed cabins. All cabins are located on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- Private bathroom with hot water shower, hand basin and shower gel
- TV, DVD player & music system
- Networked computer
- Cabinet, desk, shelves and mirror
- Reading lights
- Safety box
- Bedding, towels and bath robes
- Space for luggage
- 2 round-prong mains outlet 220V - 24 hours per day
- Fire detectors & extinguishers
- Life jackets
No. of toilets / showers - 11 / 13 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 13 comprises:
- Cruise Leader / Dive Instructor
- 2 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- Maid / Masseuse
- 2 Deck hands
- 2 General staff
Complimentary nitrox - Motorised diving dinghies - Dive deck with fresh water showers and toilets - Camera table and rinse tanks - Sea kayak - Air-conditioned saloon on the main deck with bar, TV, DVD and music player - Library with movies, magazines, novels, fish ID books and games - Complimentary laundry service - Massage service - Partially shaded open-air area and sun deck with mattresses and sun chairs - Water dispenser - Boutique shop
Menu, Cuisine Type...
The dining experience on the Maldives Siren usually takes place in the open air dining area on the main deck, cooled by sea breezes and with beautiful views of the Maldives' atolls. Cuisine could be described as a mixture of International and Asian dishes, particularly Indian.
- International, Asian, Indian and local cuisine are served as well as BBQ.
- Main meals consist of breakfast, lunch & dinner, with snacks in between.
- The meals are waitress-served buffet style in the open-air dining area.
- Tea, coffee, drinking water, soft drinks, beer, biscuits and fruit are all complimentary.
- Wine and other alcoholic drinks are available for purchase on board.
- All diets, including vegetarian, can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins with a snack followed by dinner on the first day of the safari.
- Built in 2007, refurbished annually
- Size - 34m x 8m
- Weight - 193 tonnes
- Top speed - 10 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 360 HP Hino engine
- 3 Yanmar generators - 2 x 60 KW, 1 x 30 KW
- 3 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium scuba tanks with DIN and International fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 4,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 4,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 10,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 life rafts
- 2 x 200 HP Yamaha dinghies
- Global positioning system (GPS)
- No depth sounder
- Satellite and mobile telephones
- Searchlight and horn
- 66,000 litres of emergency oxygen available
- MFA box and trained staff
- Fire alarms and fire extinguishers throughout
- Life jackets in cabins
- Customer diving insurance is MANDTORY but not included - visit our insurance programme for a competitive quotation