MV Princess Rani
The MV Princess Rani is a sleek and substantial Maldives diving safari yacht that takes in the best of the atolls departing direct from Male. At 35 metres in length
and 11 metres wide, she is more than capable of accommodating the maximum of 22 divers in space and comfort.
Length: 35m / 89 foot
Beam: 11m / 36 foot
Cruise: 11 knots
You can choose between double bed, twin or triple bed cabins, all of which are very well appointed with personal TV and DVD players
, en-suite bathroom facilities
and air-conditioning. Princess Rani is a great liveaboard boat for couples, given the number of double cabins and you can expect English, Italian, French and Spanish all to be spoken so there is no problem being understood.
Facilities are high quality and include the full range of entertainment in the saloon, including TV, DVD, music system, computer with internet
as well as movies, games, books and magazines. You'll never be bored! If lounging is more your thing, there are 3 sundecks with plenty of shaded sections as well as sun chairs and mattresses for your comfort. To top it all off there is a Jacuzzi and spa facilities
- the icing on the cake of what are great value-for-money Maldives diving safaris.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, hot drinks, drinking water (at meals), dives (2 per day plus 1 night dive per week), tanks, weights and weight belts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), trips to the local islands, Maldivian Bed Tax, GST and return transfers from Male Airport to the boat.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment, US$ 6 per night service charge. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Dive computer and insurance, torches, alcoholic drinks, drinking water, soft drinks. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The Princess Rani liveaboard departs from Male. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 93% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter rate below, equivalent to pay for 20 guests and receive 2 extra spaces free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 3,515. Low season - US$ 2,970.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Princess Rani can accommodate up to 22 divers in 7 Double cabins and 3 Twin/Triple cabins. Of the 7 double cabins, 3 are located on the upper deck and 4 on the middle deck, while the 3 Twin / Triple cabins are located on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathrooms with hot-water shower
- TV & DVD player
- Minibar / fridge
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 11 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The liveaboard crew comprises:
- 3 Dive Instructors
- Cruise Leader
- 2 Cooks
- 5 Deck Hands
Dive deck and platform - Dhoni dive tender - Separate rinse tank for cameras - Air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD, sound system & computer with internet access - Movie and book library, games and magazines - Fish ID and diving books - Well stocked bar - Water dispenser - Open-air dining area - 3 sun decks with sun chairs and mats - Jacuzzi - Spa treatments
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Main meals consist of Maldivian, continental and Italian specialities. The aim is for at least 1 BBQ party per trip on a secluded beach.
- Main meals comprise breakfast, lunch & dinner with snacks in between.
- Snacks include biscuits and candy bars. Fruit, tea & coffee and fresh milk are included.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits are available as additional extras.
- The menus are not fixed and food is served buffet style in either the air-conditioned saloon or 'al fresco'.
- Vegetarians are catered for with prior notice.
- Catering service starts with dinner on cruise check-in day.
- Built in 2008
- Size - 35m x 11m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 11 knots
- 1 x 1000 HP Daewoo engine
- 2 x 50 KW Soundproof generators
- 3 x Coltri scuba tank compressors
- 10/12/15/18 litre tanks with international fittings and DIN adaptors
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 3,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 600 litres per hour
- Fuel capacity - 4,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 1 dhoni & 1 dive tender
- 2 x 20 person capacity life rafts
- VHF radios
- Satellite phone
- Emergency lights / signal devices
- Life jackets
- MFA box and trained staff
- 7,800 litres of dedicated demand-valve oxygen onboard, plus 24,000 litres in reserve.
- No customer dive insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation