MV Leyla Sultan
The M/V Leyla Sultan offers something a little bit different from many of the larger Maldives liveaboards. She is a traditional Turkish Ketch and therefore a dive charter onboard her feels as much like a sailing cruise around the atolls, as it does an exploration of the Maldives' best dive sites.
Length: 24 metres / 79 foot
Beam: 6 metres / 21 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
With 5 cabins catering to a maximum of 10 guests only
, there is an added sense of exclusivity on board and can only be booked as a full charter
or by groups of 6 and more. All cabins are air conditioned and with private en-suite bathrooms
. Other facilities include the saloon which is where you can entertain yourself on the computer or with the TV, DVD player and music system.
There is not a huge amount of room on board since this is a boat designed for a maximum of 10 but there is still plenty of seating and lounging space indoors and out. The interior of the boat is beautifully wooden-paneled throughout, so if you like a touch of class and want to explore Maldives diving at its best without breaking the bank, then maybe Leyla Sultan is the right choice of liveaboard for your group.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, I bottle water per cabin per day plus water with meals, coffee and tea, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weight belts, torches, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), Maldivian Bed Tax and return transfers from Male Airport to the boat.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment, fuel surcharge (US$ 70 per person) payable on board.
Optional extras: Dive insurance, alcoholic drinks, additional drinking water, soft drinks.
How to get there: The M/V Leyla Sultan liveaboard charters depart from Male City. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section.
Non-diver rate: Private charter prices apply.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Not applicable for whole boat charter basis.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Please refer to the whole boat charter prices above, equivalent to more than 2 spaces (in 10) free of charge. Leyla Sultan prefers to depart on a full charter basis but will run with 6 divers or more on an individual price basis. Please check with us for group discounts.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): See above for prices of the different itineraries.
Peak Season: 22 Dec - 6 Jan; 27 Jan - 30 March
Mid Season: 5 May - 25 May
Low Season: 25 May - 30 June
High Season: 1 Sept - 21 Dec; 7 - 26 Jan; and 31 March - 4 May.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Leyla Sultan is fitted with a total of 5 air-conditioned cabins - 2 Master cabins, with 1 on the upper deck and 1 on the lower deck, and 3 Double cabins located on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathrooms with hot-water shower, hand basin & toiletries
- Cabinet, shelving and mirror
- Reading lamp
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets
- European-style 2-pin plugs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 6 / 6 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- Deck hands
Dive deck and platform with shower and toilet - Dive dhoni - Motorised dinghy - Separate rinse tank for cameras - Camera table - Saloon with TV, DVD, sound system, computer with CD burner, movie and book library, games and magazines, fish ID and diving books - Water dispenser - Open-air dining area on the main deck - Fully-equipped bar - Sun deck with sun chairs & mats
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- International, Italian and local cuisine are standard fare, with BBQ as a variation on the theme.
- Main meals comprise pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks in between.
- Biscuits, bread toast, fruit and tea & coffee are available free of charge.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beer, wine and spirits are available as additional extras.
- The menus are not fixed and served buffet style, usually in the open-air dining area.
- Vegetarian, Halal and other special diets are catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins with lunch on the cruise check-in day.
- Built in 2005
- Refurbished annually
- Size - 24m x 6.3m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 1 x 280 HP Fiat Iveco Aifo engine
- 2 x 22.5 KW Mitsubishi / Collar generators
- 2 x Coltri dive tank compressors
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings and DIN adaptors
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 3,500 litres
- Freshwater maker - 3,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 5,000 litres
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 1 x 10 HP Yamaha Dinghy
- 1 Dhoni
- 1 x 12 person capacity life raft
- CB & VHF radios
- Fire alarm / detectors
- Emergency lights / signal devices
- Mobile phone
- Bilge pump alarm
- Search light
- Life jackets in cabins
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room
- 2,400 litres of D-V / continuous-flow oxygen on board
- No customer dive insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation