The Dhoni Stella I and II are sister ships and are almost identical except for cabin configuration. They are available for full private charter by small groups who wish to dive the best of the Maldives in liveaboard luxury and style. The boats normally accommodate 4 to 6 people
although extra beds can be added for larger groups.
Length: 21 metres / 89 foot
Beam: 7 metres / 23 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
Divers: 4 to 6
Both boats offer boutique-style Maldives liveaboard diving safaris designed in accordance with the legendary 'Kalhuofumi' dhoni and built with mainly local materials, meaning you know you will be on board an authentic and traditional boat.
All Stella cabins are air-conditioned and have a fan plus full en-suite bathroom facilities
. Cabins also feature TV, DVD player, music and a minibar
so you can enjoy all the entertainment facilities from the comfort of your cabin. There is also plenty of sun lounging space on the sun deck or main deck and an open air dining/relaxation area on the main deck.
For small dive groups wanting exclusivity and luxury but still with more than a touch of that simple Maldivian style, then look no further than chartering one of the Dhoni Stella liveaboards.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred itinerary:
|Dhoni Stella run whole boat charter trips in Maldives all year round. Please check with us for availability.|
||Maldives Low Season 7 Night
||Maldives Mid Season 7 Night
More Trip Details...
Notes: The above prices are for Dhoni Stella I and are based on a maximum capacity of 5 divers. For Dhoni Stella II add approximately US$ 700 per night for a maximum of 8 guests. Surcharges occur for the New Year period between 26 December - 6 January.
High season: 7 January - 20 April
Low season: 21 April - 31 July
Mid season: 1 August - 25 December
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, water, coffee and tea during meals, scuba dives (2 per day), tanks, weights and weight belts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), extra diving boat hire.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment rental, dive insurance, 6% GST tax, bed tax of US$ 8 per person per night. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, 20 minute return transfer from Hulumale by dhoni US$ 130. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Non-diver rate: US$ 490 per person off the published rate.
Dive clubs and group discounts: These boats are only available for full private charter and prices above assume 2 dives a day with 5 guests following a normal length of route, The Dhoni Stella I and II are flexible and prices will vary with particular requests. Please let us know your requirements and we can quote you a price.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Dhoni Stella I can accommodate 4 people in 1 double and 1 twin cabin. Stella II accommodates up to 6 people in 2 cabins, each with 1 double and 1 single bed (extra beds can be added).
All the cabins have:
- Air-conditioning and fan
- Seaview window
- TV, DVD/VCD/music players
- Private, en-suite facilities with hot water shower, hand basin & toiletries
- Towels & bathrobes
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lamp
- Luggage space
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- Fire extinguisher
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 3 / 2 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew comprises:
- Dive Master
- 2 Deck hands
Diving deck and platform with shower and toilet - Mororised dinghy - Dive dhoni - Rinse tank - Open-air dining area on the main deck - Sun deck with sun chairs & mattresses - Shaded area in the the open-air - Movie and book library, games and magazines - Fish ID and diving books
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- International, local Maldivian cuisine and Italian food are popular on the menu, with BBQs as a variation on the theme.
- Main meals on these dive charters comprise breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between.
- Biscuits, ice-cream, fruit and tea & coffee are available free of charge.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beer, wine and spirits are available as additional extras.
- The menus are fixed and served buffet or semi-buffet style in the open-air dining area.
- Vegetarian, Halal and other special diets are catered for with prior notice.
- Built in 2007
- Refurbished annually
- Size - 21m x 7m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 1 x 190 HP Yanmar engine
- 1 x 7 KW Onan generator
- 1 x Coltri dive tank compressor
- 10.5 - 13.5 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings and DIN adaptors
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 3,500 litres
- Freshwater maker - 3,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 2,400 litres
- Environmental storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 1 x 25 HP Yamaha dinghy
- 1 x 24 person capacity life raft
- VHF radio
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Bilge pump alarm
- Engine room CCTV
- Search light
- Emergency lights / signal devices
- Life jackets throughout
- Fire detectors & extinguishers throughout
- No customer dive insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation