The purpose-built SMY Ondina is a beautiful teak and tropical wood Buginese diving schooner built with traditional styling. Specialising in Indonesia liveaboard cruises around Komodo and Raja Ampat (Papua Province), it runs trips of various durations, plus special photography and exploratory safaris.
Length: 32 metres / 106 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 8 knots
8 air-conditioned cabins with en-suite bathrooms
, a wide range of photographic facilities
and a huge sundeck all combine to make a comfortable and well-equipped Indonesian liveaboard. With nitrox available for use for those with suitable qualifications, you can really spend more time exploring underwater.
For underwater photo enthusiasts, you'll find Ondina well equipped and several of the departures have guest Pro' photographers, such as Deb Fuggitt, so please enquire if you have a special interest in these trips. The boat kit up area has a secure camera table, battery charging points and padded freshwater tanks to rinse your camera equipment. There is an air pressure gun to blow-dry your camera, and a CD/DVD disc writing service.
Perhaps the European-owned Ondina's best feature is its management's accommodating attitude towards diverse customer interests and needs. The dive crew have plenty of experience in dealing simultaneously with professional and hardcore divers as well as newly-qualifieds. This is managed by the use of small dive groups and also involving customers in planning a less rigid itinerary.
From April to October, Ondina ventures to destinations including Sulawesi, Halmahera, the Bandas, Lombok, Komodo and Flores; and from November to March it specialises in Raja Ampat diving cruises.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|Dep: 10 Jan
||Ret: 20 Jan
|Dep: 19 Mar
||Ret: 31 Mar
|Dep: 26 Jun
||Ret: 2 Jul
|Dep: 24 Jul
||Ret: 30 Jul
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, 1 soft drink with lunch and dinner, hot drinks, transfers to the boat from the airport and hotels, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Dive insurance, harbour fees, diving fees and fuel surcharge of US$ 212 per person in Raja Ampat and US$ 159 per person in Komodo. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 11 per day), scuba equipment (US$ 32 per day), torches, dive computer. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Komodo: The Ondina liveaboard departs from Bima. Domestic return flights from Bali are arranged by the operator at an extra charge.
Raja Ampat: Ondina usually departs from Sorong. Daily flights are available to Sorong from Jakarta or Singapore. Some Ondina trips may use different ports and we will assist you with information on how to get to any departure port.
For more information see our travel information section. The last dive of the trip will be at around 12.00 pm on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: 15% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 65% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 5 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Komodo - US$ 2,859. Komodo to Lombok - US$ 2,859. Raja Ampat - US$ 3,145. Cenderawasih Bay - US$ 3,145. For alternative trip prices, please check with us
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 2 double bed (200cm x 120cm) cabins and 6 twin / double bed cabins, all en-suite and on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Toilet and cold water water sprayer
- Hand basin, mirror, toiletries and towels
- Round twin plug 220V mains outlet - 24 hours per day (adapters available)
- Reading lights
- Life jackets
- Cabinet and shelving
No. of bathrooms / showers - 8 / 2 + 8 cold water sprayer heads
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Cruise Leader (also acts as 3rd divemaster)
- 2 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- 1 Engineer
- 2 Mechanics
- 2 Deck hands
- 2 Tender drivers
Enriched air nitrox - Motorised dive dinghies - 25m² kit up room with fresh hot water showers and separate wetsuit room - Padded camera rinse tanks, camera table, camera equipment crates, air pressure gun, and recharging points - CD and DVD photo writer service - 20m² saloon with TV, VHS and DVD players, music system, board games, marine and general library - 60 m² sundeck with sun chairs and deck chairs (shade optional) - 40m² main deck shaded area
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Indonesian, Chinese, Italian and Japanese main meal dishes and desserts
- East-meets-West style breakfast
- Buffet-style waitress service in saloon - 2 main dishes per sitting.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send notice of your needs.
- Dining service normally begins with lunch on the first day of the cruise.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks (1 per meal), water, biscuits and fruit are provided free of charge.
- Beer, wine and espresso are also available onboard for purchase.
- Operator rates food as very important
- Built in year 2001, refitted 2008
- Size - 32m x 8m
- Weight - 200 tonnes
- Top speed - 9 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 1 x 400 HP Mann engine
- 2 x 30 KW Mitsubishi and 1 x 20 KW Isuzu generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- CAT enriched air nitrox compressor
- 12 litre aluminium and steel tanks with international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 10,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 10,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 2,000 litres per day
- Environmental waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x Solas life rafts
- 3 x Rigid and semi-rigid 40 & 25 HP motorised dinghies
- VHF, ICOM VHF and SSB radios
- Furuno global positioning system (GPS)
- Furuno 16 mile radar
- Furuno fishfinder
- Furuno sounder
- Furuno plotter
- Iridium satellite telephone
- Cellular phone
- Medic first aid box
- Oxygen - 16,000 litres - continuous flow
- Life jackets in each cabin
- 4 x Fire extinguishers throughout
- Emergency position indicating radio beacon
- Customer dive insurance not included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation
"Excellent in every way. The liveaboard staff were fantastic, the boat was well equipped and comfortable, the sites were amazing. Highly recommended." - Angela Simcox, UK ...