MV Odyssea I
The MV Odyssea I is a new motor cruiser with 8 very comfortable cabins. The ceilings are high and the beds are long meaning plenty of space even for even the tallest of scuba divers. All cabins have en-suite bathrooms with hot showers.
Length: 35 metres / 115 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 10 knots
Unlike most Indonesian liveaboards which are schooners, the Odyssea I is a monohull purpose built dive boat with a maximum speed of 13 knots. So comfort, space and speed are the name of the game on board the Odyssea I.
The Odyssea I spends from mid-December until the end of March each year in the remote waters of Raja Ampat. Their schedule during the rest of the year takes in areas seldom visited by other liveaboards in North Sulawesi. Trips here are either for diving at Bangka Island, Bunaken National Park and Lembeh Strait, or Lembeh, Bangka and the Sangihe Archipelago.
The boat can take up to 16 guests as a maximum limit but seldom does, so there is plenty of room for you to relax and unwind in between breathtaking dives, and also plenty of room for photographers to tune up their equipment.
So if you are marvelling in the rich and remote waters of Raja Ampat, there are few more comfortable ways to do it than on board the M/V Odyssea I liveaboard.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 2 double bed (200cm x 200cm) Stateroom cabins - 1 on the main deck and 1 on the lower deck - and 6 twin or double bed (200cm x 80/145cm) standard cabins on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- Air conditioning
- Toilet and hot water shower
- Hand basin, mirror, toiletries, towels and hairdryer
- Portholes on lower deck, windows on main deck
- Reading lights
- Cabinet and shelving
- Safety box
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets
- Round twin plug 220/240V mains outlet - 24 hours per day
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 9 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
Space is the first thing that strikes you as you board the Raja Ampat liveaboard. There is a lot of space on the dive deck, plenty of room for photographers in the photo lab, and the saloon has plenty of room for lounging in. The saloon has a TV, DVD, and music system. There is a sundeck adjacent to the lounge for those who like to relax indoors. Outdoors there is the huge partially covered sundeck with sun loungers and sun chairs where you can chill in the open air.
- Cruise Director
- 3 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Maids/stewardesses
- 3 Deck hands/dinghy drivers
Enriched air nitrox - Motorised diving dinghies (RIBs) - 40m² dive deck with shower, toilet, camera table and rinse tanks - 7.6m² platform - 58m² saloon with bar, computer, internet, DVD players, music system, marine and general library - 90m² sundeck with shaded area, sun chairs and matresses
Menu, Cuisine Type...
There is a good mix of western and Indonesian cuisine including curries, stir-fries, and various tasty seafood creations. Breakfast can be either an American breakfast or a local dish, and always with plenty of fresh fruit. A varied lunch menu includes pasta salads and fresh soups. Most guests are enthusiastic, not just about the varied menu and large portions, but particularly the delicious home made desserts.
- Buffet service in saloon
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us your requirements in advance.
- Dining service begins with light breakfast on the first day of the cruise.
- Brewed coffee, tea, soft drinks, drinking water, fruit and biscuits are all provided free of charge.
- Beer, wine and spirits are also available.
- No fixed menu.
- Operator rates food as extremely important
- Built in year 2006
- Size - 35m x 8m
- Weight - 244 tonnes
- Top speed - 13 knots
- Cruising speed- 10 knots
- 2 x 450 HP Hyundai engines
- 2 x 17.5KVa and 1 x 22.5 KVa Onan Marine generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 11 litre aluminium tanks with international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220 & 240V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 7,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 11,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 300 litres per day
- Environmental storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 4m Motorised 40 HP dive RIBs
- Motorola radio
- Raymarine global positioning system
- Raymarine radar and fishfinder
- Depth sounder
- Satellite telephone
- Mobile telephone
- Medic first aid box
- Oxygen - DAN portable kit plus 2 large tanks
- Fire alarm and detectors
- Life jackets in each cabin
- 20 x fire extinguishers throughout
- Emergency signalling device
- Customer dive insurance not included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation