SY Mandarin Siren
SY Mandarin Siren may not be a giant among liveaboards in Raja Ampat at only 24m in length, but with the trade mark service of the Siren fleet you can expect a high quality experience. Most frequently seen cruising with a maximum of up to only 6 guests on board
in the Raja Ampat region, there are also some trips to North Sulawesi and Komodo in Indonesia.
Length: 24 metres / 79 foot
Beam: 6 metres / 18 foot
Cruise: 7 knots
Guests are accommodated in 4 cabins either single, double or twin share. All cabins have air conditioning with computer, TV, DVD and music in each cabin
. En-suite bathrooms
have hot showers with towels and bathrobe. Socialising tends to take place in the outdoor dining area, air-conditioned saloon with big screen TV and bar, or on the sun deck. All beers are free of charge
on the Mandarin Siren.
The dive deck has plenty of room for guests to gear up with tanks filled in each station. All dives are done by tender and you can enjoy a post-dive, fresh water shower on the main deck. Nitrox is provided free of charge
for EANx certified divers. For those seeking an intimate West Papua liveaboard experience, in small groups, the Mandarin Siren could be the ideal choice for you.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, soft drinks, fruit juices, beer, dives, equipment, tanks, weights and weightbelts, nitrox, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s).
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Dive insurance (mandatory), Raja Ampat port and park fees 10 or 12 nights US$ 88 per person, Komodo National Park and Flores & Alor 10 nights port and park fees US$ 72 per person. For other itineraries please check with us. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Rechargeable torches, flights, hotel accommodation, wine and spirits. For other itineraries please check with us. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Raja Ampat: Mandarin Siren liveaboard tours depart from Sorong. Daily flights are available to Sorong from Jakarta or Singapore.
Komodo: Mandarin Siren departs from Bima (or from Maumere for Flores and Alor trips). Domestic return flights from Bali are arranged by the operator at an extra charge. A 1 night stay in Bali is mandatory before the cruise.
For more information see our tourist information section.
Non-diver rate: 20% off published prices.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Additional 80% of the trip price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 5 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): None.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The Mandarin Siren has 2 double bed and 2 twin bed cabins with en-suite private bathrooms, all on the lower deck.
All the liveaboard cabins have:
- Toilet, hot water shower and hand basin
- Toiletries, towels & bathrobes
- Personal TV, DV & music player
- Personal computer
- Bedside reading lights
- Safety box
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Round 2-pin mains outlet 220 Volts - 24 hours per day
- Fire warning and fire extinguishers
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 6 / 5 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 6 comprise:
- Tour leader / Dive Instructor
- Maid / Masseuse
Complimentary enriched air nitrox - Motorised dinghy - Dive platform with hot water shower, toilet and rinse tank - Air-conditioned saloon with bar, TV, DVD video & music - Movie and book library, fish ID books and scuba magazines - Open air social and dining area - Sundeck with sun chairs - Massage service - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Meals are enjoyed in the open-air dining area on the main deck. The chef creates a menu including international and Asian dishes and seeks to host a BBQ on each liveaboard trip. 3 square meals a day are complemented by a pre-breakfast and afternoon snacks to keep the diving hunger pangs away. When catering to such small numbers of guests, it is very important that you give advance notice of any dietary requirements.
- Asian and international meals; 4 different dishes per sitting.
- Buffet style dining in the main deck open-air dining area.
- Pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, drinking water, beer, fruit, snacks and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Wine and spirits are available for purchase onboard Mandarin Siren.
- All dietary needs can be catered for - please advise us of special requirements in advance.
- The dining service starts with dinner and snacks on the first evening of the cruise.
- Built in year 2009, refurbished in 2010
- Size - 24m x 5.5m
- Weight - 55 tonnes
- Top speed - 9 knots
- Cruising speed - 7 knots
- Mitsubishi engine
- 2 x 26.4 KW Yanmar generators
- 2 x Coltrisub dive tank compressors
- 12 litre aluminium scuba tanks with DIN & Int. fittings
- Enriched air nitrox system
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 5,000 litres
- Watermaker - 1,500 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 3,800 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 life rafts (for 10 passengers each)
- 40 HP Yamaha motorised dinghy
- SSB and VHF radios
- Global positioning system (GPS)
- Satellite & mobile telephones
- Searchlight and horn
- Bilge pump alarm
- Advanced medic first aid box
- Emergency oxygen
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire alarms and extinguishers throughout
- Customer diving insurance is NOT provided and is MANDATORY - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation