MSY Damai I
One of 2 Indonesia diving safaris of the Damai Fleet, the Damai I is a traditionally-built wooden schooner specifically designed for visiting the best dive destinations of Indonesia. This luxurious liveaboard vessel has 3 large decks and accommodates a maximum of just 10 guests
, ensuring plenty of space and personal attention.
Length: 40 metres / 132 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 9 knots
Divers: 10 (12 pax. for full boat charter)
Guests can enjoy an all-inclusive onboard service which includes unlimited diving
and a ratio of 4 divers to 1 guide, spa treatments
, varied menu choice, free beer
and soft drinks, and a laundry service
- all at no extra cost! The boat also has a wifi internet
Damai I provides a signature cruise service with attention to detail where every guest is treated personally. The attentive, professional crew are at your disposal any time to give you the best experience possible both above and under the water.
The fine single and double cabins are very spacious at over 30m² each and beautifully furnished. They boast air-conditioning, large beds, writing desks and en-suite bathrooms
with separate toilet. The Master cabins are over 40m² and exquisitely furnished with panoramic sea-views. With such a high standard of accommodation, you will feel like you are staying at a top-class resort.
The large dive deck has been designed for space and comfort, and has individual rinse tanks for each diver
, plus a dedicated camera room
. Replacement digital cameras, video cameras and housings are available should anything go wrong with yours, plus a professional underwater photographer/videographer is on hand to assist and give advice.
When not scuba diving, you can relax in the shaded area, edit your photos, watch a movie in the air-conditioned lounge or chill on a sun-bed on the sundeck. If you are looking for a little luxury and attention to detail on your Indonesian dive safari, with a great value all-inclusive service then Damai I is the perfect choice.
A wide and varied itinerary is offered including Komodo liveaboard trips, Alor, Raja Ampat, the Banda Sea and Cenderawasih which often includes some of the more remote dive sites of the region.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|Dep: 11 Dec
||Ret: 21 Dec
|Dep: 22 Dec
||Ret: 28 Dec
|Dep: 10 Jan
||Ret: 21 Jan
|Dep: 15 Mar
||Ret: 26 Mar
|Dep: 29 Mar
||Ret: 5 Apr
|Dep: 4 Jun
||Ret: 11 Jun
|Dep: 23 Jun
||Ret: 30 Jun
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, beer, 1 glass of wine with dinner, land tours, transfers to the boat from the airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (4 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Marine park fees, diving insurance (mandatory). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (if available) (US$ 10 per day), scuba equipment (US$ 10 per day), torches, wine and spirits (1 glass of wine with dinner included).
How to get there: Komodo: The liveaboard MSY Damai I departs from Labuan Bajo. Domestic flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo is approx 1 hour, return flights are arranged by the operator at an extra charge. Some Damai I trips may use different ports and we will assist you with information on how to get to any departure port. There is a minibus transfer service between the boat and airport in Labuan Bajo. A 1 night stay in Bali is mandatory before, and recommended after, the cruise.
Raja Ampat: MSY Damai I usually departs from Sorong, Manokwari or Nabire. Daily flights are available to Sorong from Jakarta or Singapore, and to Manokwari from Jakarta. For Nabire there are flights 4 x per week from Jakarta. Some Damai I trips may use different ports and we will assist you with information on how to get to any departure port. There is a transfer service from the local airport to and from the boat.
For more information see our travel information section. The last dive of the trip will be at around 12 am. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Single cabins are available on this boat.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 10 guests and receive 2 extra spaces free of charge.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
On the lower deck, there are 2 single cabins, 2 double queen-size bed cabins and 1 Master king-size bed cabin. The upper deck has 1 additional Master cabin with its own private balcony. All cabins are very spacious and have en-suite bathrooms. The Master cabins have panoramic seaviews.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air conditioning
- Windows or portholes
- Bathroom with hot water shower and separate toilet cubicle
- Hand basin, mirror, hairdryer, toiletries and towels
- Reading lights
- Cabinet and writing desk
- Round twin plug 220/110V mains outlet - 24 hours per day - adaptors available
- Bedding and space for luggage
- Fire extinguisher and life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 7 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 18-20 comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- 2 Instructors, 4 Divemasters
- 1 Captain
- 2 Officers
- 2 Cooks
- 3 Maids
- 3 Engineers
- 3 Deck hands
2 motorised dive tenders - Free nitrox - 40m² dive deck with fresh hot water shower & toilet - Camera room with charging stations, table and individual rinse tanks - 40m² air-conditioned saloon with TV, video, music system and bar - Computer and internet - Satellite telephone - Fish ID and diving books - 65m² shaded area - 20m² sundeck with sun loungers - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
You can enjoy fine dining onboard Damai I, with top-quality Indonesian and international cuisine. The chef will prepare your choice of dish from a varied menu which includes a selection of fish or seafood, vegetarian and meat based dishes, so all diets and preferences are catered for.
- Indonesian and international cuisine main meal dishes.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner - choose from a varied menu.
- Dining takes place in the air-con dining area on the main deck.
- Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, beer, biscuits, toast and fruit are provided free of charge.
- Wine is also available for purchase.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us prior notice.
- Built in year 2008, refurbished in 2012
- Size - 40m x 8m
- Weight - 220 tonnes
- Top speed - 10 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 520 HP Mitsubishi engine
- 3 generators - 2 Mitsubishi & 1 Isuzu - 40, 25 & 20 KW
- Elmot scuba tank compressor
- EANx nitrox filling station
- 12, 15 and 10 litre aluminium tanks with DIN and international fittings
- Electricity 220/110V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 10,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 20,000 litres
- Fresh watermaker - 5,000 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 3 life rafts (max. 60 passengers)
- 2 x 40 HP Yamaha motorised tenders
- HF & VHS radios
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Furuno radar
- Depth sounder
- Bilge pump alarm
- Searchlight & horn
- Satellite telephones
- Medic first aid box
- This operator has not confirmed the presence, or quantity of, oxygen on their liveaboard
- Life jackets in cabins and near life rafts
- Fire alarm system in engine room
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Customer dive insurance is NOT provided and is MANDATORY - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation