Philkade is a modern, 5 star motor vessel specifically designed for long-range luxury cruising.
Length: 29 metres / 96 foot
Beam: 8 metres / 26 foot
Cruise: 10 knots
The cabins are superb, especially the Deluxe / Master cabin which has panoramic seaviews across the whole bow - a fantastic sight when you pull back the curtains on another glorious, sunny morning on the Andaman Sea. The cabin is so large it even has plenty of space to have its own sofa. The cabin also features TV and DVD player entertainment for your surface interval relaxation, a King-size bed, intercom system, personal safe for your valuables and complimentary flowers. The Deluxe cabin and Superior cabins also have their own private bathrooms, complete with toilet and hot water shower. All the cabins are air-conditioned with individual cabin control; all are spacious, well-appointed and made up daily.
The huge indoor air-conditioned saloon is one of the boat's main features. Finished in teakwood, leather and granite, the huge lounge gives Philkade the feel of a Super Yacht. You can show off your latest photos or videos on the home theatre system. The sundeck and dive deck areas are equally expansive, and with its novel flybridge, there's oceans of space for your comfort.
With a maximum of only 13 guests on board and 12 staff, you can be assured of attentive service. With 4 divemasters and 2 dinghies on board, you will never have to dive in a crowd, or start getting cold, waiting in the water to be picked up after your dive.
Significantly, MV Philkade was built to International Maritime Organisation (IMO) safety standards so your safety is assured when you're all at sea. This elegant Burma diving charter certainly has the right recipe for a liveaboard cruise to remember. Nitrox fills are available for enriched air certified divers.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, fruit, coffee, tea and water, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), and return transfers to the boat from Phuket Airport (on the day of boat departure and arrival only) and hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Similan National Park fees (currently around US$ 11 per person per day), Burma entry fees (currently approx. US$ 200) are payable upon embarkation, scuba equipment (US$ 17 per day).
Optional extras: Torches, nitrox, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, insurance.
How to get there: Philkade departs early evening from Chalong Bay in Phuket or Ranong on the Burmese / Thai border. For Ranong departures, you can choose to join either by minibus transfer from Phuket (5-6 hours transfer), or you can fly direct to Ranong from Bangkok, though we do not recommend flying as the flights are unreliable. For Phuket departurtes, there's a transfer service from the airport and all hotels in Phuket to and from the boat. For more information see our Burma travel information section.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published prices..
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 85% to published prices.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 11 guests and receive 2 extra places free of charge (standard cabins).
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There is 1 main deck Deluxe double bed (200 x 180 cm) cabin. The lower deck has 3 Superior double bed (190 x 160 cm) cabins, plus 2 Standard cabins - 1 double bed (200 x 160cm) and 1 triple-bed single (200 x 90cm). All Deluxe and Superior Cabins are en-suite (private bathroom).
All the cabins have:
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Private bathroom with hot water shower
- Hand basin, soap and towels
- Small Sea view portholes
- Personal safe
- Dressing table
- 220V mains outlet - 24 hours per day
- Made up daily
In addition the Deluxe Cabin has large 180° sea views, DVD video, reading light, an intercom system and complimentary flowers.
No. of bathrooms / showers - 6 / 7 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- 2/3 Divemasters
- First Mate
- 2 Cooks
- Deck hand
Enriched air nitrox facilities - Motorised diving dinghy - 30m² dive deck - Laptop with CD burner for digital photos - Air-conditioned saloon & dining area with DVD video, board games, marine library & music system - Teak, leather & granite interior - 70m² sundeck with matresses - Flybridge - Sea kayak
PADI certification courses available including Advanced Open Water Diver.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Asian and European main meals - choose from 4 or 5 dishes.
- Continental breakfast - cooked and dairy, with fruit and fruit juices.
- Buffet-style service in the saloon or upper deck, with salad, rice and soup.
- Barbeque station on the flybridge.
- Dining service begins with dinner on the first evening of the cruise.
- Operator rates their dining as high quality Asian cuisine of broad appeal.
- Coffee, tea, fruit and water are provided free of charge.
- Soft drinks, beer), wine and cocktails are available.
- Vegetarian needs can be catered for - please send us notice of requirements.
- There is no fixed menu.
- Built in year 2002
- Size - 29 m x 8 m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 440 HP Iveco 8281 SRM44 engines
- 2 x Hino generators - 1 x 75 KW and 1 x 50 KW
- 2 x dive tank compressors
- LP 280 Nitrox compressor
- 11 & 15 litre aluminium tanks with both international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 38,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 28,000 litres
- Environmental waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Built to IMO safety standards
- 1 Life raft
- Motorised dinghy with 40 HP outboard
- VHF, 3 x ICOM handheld, SSB, & CB radios
- CMAP & Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Depth Sounder, fishfinder and plotter
- Radar and Autopilot
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) and flares
- CCTV in the engine room and diving deck
- Satellite telephone & weather fax system
- Oxygen - 5,850 litres
- Full-feature first aid box
- Life jackets in each cabin
- 9 Fire extinguishers throughout
- Customer dive insurance is not included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation