Nautica is the newest Burma diving boat, built in 2004. She's a high quality steel hulled vessel
and because she takes a maximum of only 12 guests
, individual service is guaranteed. Nautica is custom-built to International Maritime Organisation specifications
. The rigorous IMO standards, which few boats in Burma can meet, ensure a strong and dependable safaris with the full complement of safety features for ocean cruising.
Length: 24 metres / 80 foot
Beam: 5 metres / 17 foot
Cruise: 10 knots
There's a spacious open-air lounge area on the upper deck with comfortable seating. A cushioned area at the rear of the main deck is great for relaxing Thai style
and this is typical of the ethos of the company and the boat's laid back and sociable feel. Nautica is a great choice if you're looking for a high quality charter without guests taking themselves too seriously! Music and movies are available from a well stocked library.
The cabins are bright and airy with modern styling. All cabins have en-suite bathrooms
, except for the budget cabin on the main deck. All the cabins have individually controlled air conditioning, mini bars, reading lamps and large seaview windows. You have the option of a larger double bed Master cabin on the upper deck, Standard cabins or a Budget bunk bed cabin on the main deck.
You can choose between 9 days diving in Burma and Thailand - the Mergui Archipelago and Similans, or shorter trips to Richelieu Rock, Similan Islands and the southern islands. Nautica is 1 of only 2 liveaboard boats that dive in the Koh Tarutao and Butang Island areas. Why not take the opportunity to visit these new and unusual destinations while you can!
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details
Click 'Book' to send an enquiry for your preferred departure date:
|There are currently no future dates available.|
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, tea and water, dinghy exploration of islands and shores, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, torches, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), operators fuel surcharge, and return transfers to the boat from Phuket Airport and hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Similan and Burma marine park entry fees (currently approx. US$ 200) are payable upon embarkation, scuba equipment (US$ 17 per day).
Optional extras: Nitrox, dive insurance, alcoholic drinks.
How to get there: Nautica departs in the evening from Chalong in Phuket or Khao Lak. There is a transfer service from the airport and all hotels in Phuket to and from the boat. For more information see our Myanmar travel information section.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Not applicable for whole boat charters.
Dive clubs and group discounts: MV Nautica is available for full charter only so prices apply for 12 guests only. Please let us know your particular requirements and we will quote you the best price available for your itinerary.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): See above for the published price.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 4 Standard twin / double bed cabins and 1 Budget twin bunk bed cabin on the main deck, and 1 larger Master double bed cabin on the upper deck.
All the cabins have:
- Individually-controlled air conditioning
- Private bathroom (except budget cabin) with hot water shower, hand basin and towels
- Large seaview windows
- Reading lights
- 2 metre long beds with bedding
- Wardrobe and mirror
- Twin pin mains outlet 220 Volts - 24 hours per day
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 7 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Cruise Director / Instructor
- Tour Leader / Divemaster
- Deck hand
Enriched air nitrox - Motorised dinghy - 25m² dive deck - Underwater cameras for rent - TV, DVD video, music system and library - Large HD screen for digital image post-processing - Open-air 30m² cushioned social area
Diving limited to depth 30 metres maximum
PADI courses available - Advanced Open Water Diver and EANx.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Thai main meal dishes, European lunches and American breakfast.
- Buffet-style and waitress service in the saloon or on the top deck - choose from 4 main dishes with rice, salad and desserts.
- Dinner is also provided on the first evening of the cruise departure.
- Operator rates their dining as good quality and the second most important aspect of the safari.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water, sweets and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Soft drinks, beer and wine are available.
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us your requirements.
- No fixed menu.
- Built in year 2005
- Size - 24m x 5m
- Weight - 88 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 330 HP Hino engines
- 3 generators - 2 x 50 KW and 1 x 12 KW
- 3 x Bauer Capitano dive tank compressors
- Membrane EANx
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings
- DIN adapters available
- Electricity 220 volts - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 8,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 8,000 litres
- Watermaker - 2,000 litres per day
- Environmental waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) certified
- 2 Life rafts
- 4.5m 30 HP Motorised dinghy
- CB and ICOM SSB and VHF radios
- ICOM automatic antenna tuner
- Hanshin Electronics Navtex
- Emergency position indicating radio beacon
- 2 SART / Furuno radar transponders
- 2 Searchlights
- CCTV in engine room and on dive deck
- Satellite and mobile telephones
- Medic First Aid Box
- Oxygen - 20,000 litres & trained providers
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers throughout
- Fire detectors and emergency signalling devices
- Customer diving insurance NOT provided - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation
"Nice quite boat, including us there were only 6 guests which was fantastic. Nice sized cabins, spacious deck areas, good food, good service, good diving. Overall it was a very pleasant trip." - Gerald Chappell, UK ...
"Boat crew was very good. Worked well together very attentive and helpful. Problems on boat were, ran out of cereal and milk after first day - obviously not stocked. Nitrox system did not work - was very disappointed but understand things break. They did bring a technician out by boat to try and fix but could not." - Howard Blitz, USA ...
"Great boat. Very nice to have it slightly smaller (only 10 divers for our trip). Great divemasters, good equipment, very nice rooms and lounging deck. Day 3 on Richelieu definite highlight. Would highly recommend this particular boat." - Hagen Rode, South Africa ...